Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Race Marked Out For Me


Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This morning was the 4th annual Aviano Marathon, and while I still have no desire to run 26 miles, I enjoy competing in the shorter treks, such as the 10K. JoAnn, Corey, Johnny, and I did it a couple years ago, and I kinda skipped last year, despite my original intention to run the 1/2 marathon. I couldn't convince any of my friends to run with me this year, but figured I'd give it a shot anyway. This year, the path was through a bunch of fields, and since it's been raining the past few days, most of the trail was through muddy gravel. By the time I crossed the finish line, the back of my legs was covered in mud. My time was 55:09, and I finished third in my age bracket and fifth overall.


Mary
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
My friend Mary has been training for the Dublin Marathon in October, and opted to run the 1/2 marathon today. For some reason, the 10K seemed really easy to run, and went by really fast. It made me wish I'd signed up for the 1/2 marathon instead. I know I've said this before, but maybe next year...?

No comments: