Friday, September 03, 2010

La Dotta, La Grassa, La Rossa


Bologna
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I took the train to Bologna yesterday for a concert last night (which will be reviewed soon). The main reason I went was for the show, but I've been wanting to check out Bologna for a long time. It has a reputation as one of Italy's more beautiful cities with a rich history and the oldest university in the world.


Bologna
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I took the early train down to give myself time to walk around the city, and I wasn't disappointed. There were tons of pedestrian areas with covered sidewalks, little boutiques and cafes, friendly university students, and some gorgeous architecture. For such an old city, it certainly had a young feel to it.


Bologna
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I strolled through countless parks filled with sculptures, like this one which I believe is called "Hot Lesbian Mermaid Action."


Bologna
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I woke up early this morning to hit some places I missed yesterday, and ended up finding ruins of the old city wall. I had a typical Italian breakfast (cappuccino and croissant) with some students from Sicily who used me to practice their English. They were fascinated that I was American, but a little disappointed when I told them I'd never been to New York City.
Bologna was a great city, and I hope to go back again soon to indulge in the cuisine and nightlife a little more. Who's coming with me?

No comments: