Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Big Dig

Diaz, Estrada, & Doug
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The water break that happened last week was a huge deal, affecting a good portion of the base. Excavating was the hardest part, as the entire line was encased in concrete, so even after we located it, we had to chisel it out. We managed to isolate the break and restore pressure last week, but completing the entire repair has been an odyssey, mostly because of hard-to-find parts and bad weather. Finally, today, we finished fusing the pipe and turning on all the valves. It's definitely been one of those "sense of accomplishment" jobs.

No comments: