Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oil Slick


Mike
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The merging of the utilities and fuels career fields has been pretty smooth, as far as our shop is concerned. Since there are a lot more utilities jobs than fuels jobs, I haven't had to branch out much. But today, I was riding around with Diaz, and we happened upon a malfunctioning fuel valve with Mike.
It wasn't terribly difficult, as I had Mike telling me what to do the whole time. Just a bunch of turning wrenches and moving lines around.
When we left, I told Diaz that I lost my fuels job virginity, but he said that since I didn't get totally drenched, I only got to third base. Still, I managed to douse my right shoulder pretty good, and now, even after showering, scrubbing, and changing clothes, I can't seem to get the smell of diesel fuel off of me.

No comments: