Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Whiplashed

A couple days ago, I was just about done. Even though I enjoyed my two-day weekend, by the time work was over on Monday, I was exhausted, weak-spirited, doubting my abilities, feeling unloved, and just plain shitty. I started to write a huge tirade about it that night, but before I posted it, I stopped myself. "Perhaps," I thought to myself, "tomorrow will be better." Boy, was I right.
Tuesday started off a little weak, but by the end of the day, I had hashed some things out with people, the project was moving along in the right direction, drama subsided, and I was feeling like my normal optimistic self again.
Today was even better. I felt productive and cheerful. Some project issues I was worried about were resolved. We were all having fun. Plus, I listened to "Heaven Is Whenever," the new album from The Hold Steady. I've been looking forward to this one for a long time, and I recommend you legally purchase your copy as soon as possible. Just try and listen to the chorus of "The Weekenders" without your heart feeling as though it just might burst. Go ahead, I dare you.

No comments: