Saturday, May 08, 2010

Fast Friends


Brock & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I know I've mentioned this before, but one of the harder parts about life in the military is always saying goodbye to your friends, whether they're leaving or you are. And something peculiar about desert life is how fast things progress, including developing friendships. Since the turnover rate is also higher here, I end up seeing people off even more often than normal. Tonight, for instance, my friend Brock, whom I haven't known long, heads back to his home station in California. It's a small Air Force, so I'm sure our paths will cross again.
There are a lot of people leaving in the next few weeks, and before long, it will be my turn. And as many people as I've met here, it will still feel great to go back to Italia and see the friends I've been missing since December.

No comments: