Monday, May 24, 2010

The 19th Mile

Our dig last week was the last major part of this project. Everything else over the next month is interior work, and it shouldn't be too difficult. It feels great to be done with the hard part, but at the same time, I'm going to have trouble keeping my momentum until we leave. And how can I expect my guys to stay motivated when I can barely keep myself going? "Just a little bit more," I keep telling them. "You're doing a great job!" I worry that my encouraging remarks are starting to sound fake, when they're actually quite genuine. The buildings those guys are putting together are coming together wonderfully, and the progress they make each day is so dramatic. I hope everyone that stays after we leave appreciates the effort we've put into it.

No comments: