Sunday, May 02, 2010

Letting Off Some Steam


G, Steve, & Petzold
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
On nights before their days off, most of the guys go out to the Desert Eagle Lounge (DEL) to hang out, relax, and indulge in their three beers. Up until a few weeks ago, I never went. I don't know why, but I usually spent my evenings in my room, quietly rewinding after a long week.
But, for some reason, they all convinced me to go out with them a couple weekends ago, and I had a great time. And since then, I've joined them every Friday night, drinking our beers, and laughing about things that happened the previous week. It's the closest thing we have to a bar, and even though it's not perfect, it's enough to get us through the next two months.
By the way, after not drinking for so long, three beers are surprisingly potent.

No comments: