Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Warrior

I've been on stand-by all week, and hadn't had a single call until yesterday morning. That one call set off a series of events that led me to spend virtually my whole weekend at work. We had some power outtages on Friday which caused our series of pumps and wells, which are normally fully automatic, to malfunction. Therefore, I had to monitor gauges and turn everything on and off manually. I didn't really have much else planned, but still, I wasn't planning on sitting at work the whole weekend, either. I have tomorrow and Tuesday off, and as well-earned as they are, I'll still end up spending time at the office. I was hoping for a nice, mellow, relaxing summer, but so far, it's been anything but. My consolation is the fact this is the last time I'll have to pull stand-by. Ever. Woo-Hoo!

No comments: