Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Crunch Time

As part of the process of combining my career field with the liquid fuels career field, we all have to complete the Career Development Courses (CDCs), a series of books on which we will all be tested. Nearly everyone in the shop received our CDCs in September, and we were told we'd have a year to complete them. We found out this week that the year began when the CDCs were ordered, not when they were received. This leaves us less than three weeks to finish everything and test on it.
Our boss is pretty freaked out about everything, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned. If we don't do well on our test, it has the potential to seriously impact our careers. I'm sure everything will work out, but I'll just have to hunker down and commit some off-duty time to studying, which I really don't want to do, but I guess I don't have much of a choice. It's almost like I'm back in college and it's finals week. If only there were a Denny's nearby so I could order a veggie scramble platter and some coffee and pull an all-nighter.

2 comments:

Homie said...

You got yours in Sept? AETC is still writing our for our merger with VI/Graphics. They say we will have them in a couple of months. We'll see.

J-Dubb said...

Oh boy. Extra CDC's.