Monday, June 29, 2009

Penalty Kicks

Last night, I left work and met Dan, Nate, and Shaun at the Irish pub downtown to watch the USA-Brazil Confederations Cup match. I really enjoy watching soccer, but hadn't seen many games since I left Japan. We were later joined by Corey and Luke, and it was great, all of us screaming and hollering, especially during the first half when the US scored two goals. We were very optimistic because a few days earlier, the US defeated Spain, ending their 35-game winning streak. Unfortunately, Brazil came back in the second half and ended up winning, 3-2.
Soccer (or Calcio) is a big deal over here, and I can't wait until the World Cup matches start up next year. The US has never really been able to put up much of a fight, but I think that's starting to change.

No comments: