Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Army Of God

In September 2003, I was in a Bible Study led by my friend Don. He began by asking us this question: if a man were to open fire on a playground full of children, would one of us be willing to shoot this man in order to stop him? And if so, do we think we'd be treated as a hero?
This rather graphic scenario led to a discussion regarding Paul Hill, the first man to ever be executed for killing an abortion provider, who had died by lethal injection a few days before.
Last month, George Tiller, a doctor in Wichita, Kansas, was killed for providing late-term abortions.
I can't say I agree with abortion, but I also don't see how murdering one who provides them furthers the Kingdom of God. It seems a little ridiculous. I'm willing to do God's work, but I don't want to make decisions for Him. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

No comments: