Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bachelor Number Two

A lot of my single friends have concerns about finding a wife (or husband). They wonder why I'm in my mid-30s and still single, and why finding a significant other isn't a big priority for me. Well, I don't really know why. It's just not. I'm sure when the right person comes along, I'll know it. I'm not going to stress over something that's totally out of my control.
Besides, I'm not really even sure I'm meant to ever get married. I've been single so long, I probably don't even know how to be in a relationship. I doubt I'd be any good at making compromises. I'm insanely selfish; I have commitment issues; and I have difficulty with intimacy. It's hard to know me, and just as hard to put up with me. The last serious relationship I had ended over ten years ago, and I seem to be doing pretty well so far.
I just try to concentrate on all the positives, like independence, spending time with friends, focusing on personal goals, etc. In fact, the only drawback I can see is that it would sometimes be nice to have someone with whom to play Scrabble.

No comments: