Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Calm After the Storm

After several weeks of rather hard partying, my temperament seems to be getting back to normal. I'm enjoying my evenings at home with a book more often, and even passed up an offer to go karaoke in SLC tonight. Not that I'm going to stop going out altogether. Just more sporadically. All things in moderation, right?
Of course, the tide could shift toward the opposite direction at any given time, and it's doubtful the empty wallet and heavy eyelids at work from these past few weeks will help me learn my lesson.
In other news, Ryan and I have given up looking for a house and have decided to stay in our apartment for another year. This wasn't really the ideal situation for which we were hoping, just because there's so much more freedom living in a house. However, our apartment is nice, affordable, and in a great location. Plus, I could potentially be deploying in September. Ryan's tentative plan is to separate from the Air Force in a year, and I'm getting antsy for orders out of here, so apartment life is what most closely meets our needs. I'm hoping to go back overseas, save up some big money, and be able to buy a house next time I return stateside.
Anyway, I'm going to read another chapter, go through my pre-bed routine, and get some sleep. Sweet dreams.

No comments: