Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Batter Up

I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'll probably be single forever. I mean, I'm not avoiding marriage or anything. If the right girl came along, of course I'd marry her. I just don't think it will ever happen. I'm not upset about it, and the title "confirmed bachelor" is kinda catchy. (Of course, if I were a female, that would translate to "spinster," which is not catchy at all.)
Despite all this, I still really enjoy dating. I've been going out on dates as much as ever (though the making out has all but stopped). Unfortunately, few have held my interest past the second date. I think I'm dating people too young, mostly in the mid-twenty range. (Though, a couple weeks ago, I went out with a 21-year-old.) But finding an unmarried over-30 in Utah is an exercise in futility.
I've always said my biggest fear is being old and alone. And even though there aren't any prospects, that fear seems to be subsiding. God has always brought me great friends no matter where I am, and I'm confident He will continue to do so. I'll just continue to enjoy meeting people and dating and playing the field and making friends and whatever happens, happens.

3 comments:

Nate Wendt said...

I lived in Utah for 8 years as a single woman, and I know what you are feeling. You might be thinking "I am already thirty something", but actually you are STILL thirty somethig. You are young!
Natsuko:)

Anonymous said...

At least you don't have a biological clock ticking. You have time......
MB

Anonymous said...

Mike, you on the other hand better hurry.
MB