Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Back in the Zone

As you can see, I'm really into this photo blogging thing. This is a picture of my friends on a little shopping trip to Hachinohe. Kerry is from England and works as an English teacher at some local Japanese schools. Paul and Trish are married, and they are the ones with whom I'm going to China this fall. Jeni-Bomb is amazingly cool and makes me laugh really hard. These are some of the best friends I have here in Japan. I love them so much.
So, anyway, in other news, I'm back at work this week, and it's going pretty well. I'm really motivated. I hope it doesn't wear off after a few weeks. The weirdest thing was when I put my BDUs on Monday morning. I lost so much weight in the desert, they looked like I hung drapery on myself. I had to cinch my belt really tight, which caused me to look like a frumpy old man. I'm either going to have to gain some weight back, or buy smaller uniforms.
The weather was really nice today, so after work, I came home, threw on some shorts, and headed to the beach. It was so peaceful. I was the only one there. I just stared at the ocean for about an hour. Waves are such a trippy thing. I wonder how they work. I mean, I know it has all kinds of stuff to do with the tides and the shelf and the wind and the moon and stuff, but does that really explain it? I mean, they just keep rolling in and reaching up on the sand, over and over. It never happens the same way twice. It blows me away.
Anyway, I've done enough rambling and philosophizing. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

Kerry, Paul, Jeni-Bomb, and Trish
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Curtis -- thanks for all the photos. That's awesome. We saw paul this week and he should be back with you all now. So glad your back and that all is going well. Take care and God bless -- Josh