Monday, July 26, 2004

Float On

So much going on. I had a great weekend. It was full of karaoke and running and laying at the beach and socializing. Lots of fun and very relaxing. Plus, Don (who's been in the States for three weeks) and Paul (who's been in Hawaii for a week) got back yesterday, so it was great to see them.
Today began my second post-deployment week of work. There are going to be tons of changes in my shop in the coming weeks. We have three guys moving to other bases, one guy separating, and our boss is moving to another shop. This means I now have three EPRs and two decorations to write. But I'm somehow staying really motivated at work, even to the point of enjoying my time there. This may be due to the fact I have lots of work to do, and no choice but to stay motivated. But it's more than that. I'm going to sound like a total richard, but certain things I wouldn't have cared about before are starting to bother me (i.e. people with tongue rings in uniform or out of regulations, etc.). Is all that Air Force crap getting to me, or am I just maturing and starting to accept responsibility more? I turn 30 in two weeks, and I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Is it really a big deal? I used to think 30 was so old. But I don't look 30, and I most certainly don't feel 30. I guess I'm the only person who can really put age limitations on myself. Being limited stinks. To quote Aaliyah, "Age ain't nothing but a number."
I don't really have any major plans this week. I'd like to hang out with Don one night and hear about his trip to the States. Other than that, I think I'm just going to chill out and watch a few movies and stuff. It's nice to get back into a normal routine again. I think I have just enough variety in my life to keep it from getting boring, and just enough predictability in my life to keep it peaceful. It's a nice balance.
Things are looking good for the China vacation this fall. I scheduled my leave at work, and I haven't heard any objections yet. Paul and Trish and I are basically just deciding on which travel agent to go with. I'm trying really hard to save money. I'm used to just frivolously buying whatever I want when I want it, but now I'm thinking twice.
Anyway, I can't think of anything else to talk about. But before I close, I'm going to give you the Album of the Week:
Franz Ferdinand's self-titled debut. I got it right after I got back from the desert, and I'm so addicted to it. They're a Scottish band that produces some of the catchiest danceable rock I've heard in a long time. It's full of kicking tempo shifts, disco-ish drums, fuzzy guitars, and a Brit-pop meets post-punk attitude. Highly recommended.
Okay, I'm gonna get outtee. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: