Sunday, July 18, 2004

El Scorcho?

Well, I head back to work tomorrow. It's been a pleasant two weeks off, but I have to admit, laying around all day is getting kind of old. It will be nice to get back into a normal routine again. Speaking of work, I'm doing my best to be extremely nice to SMSgt Adams. Since he arrived in Misawa and took over facility management, he has kinda been my arch nemesis. It all began when he decided I would totally redesign a minor maintenance program that has worked since the dawn of time (or at least the dawn of Tora Zone). Then my boots hadn't been shined good enough. Then my hair was too long. Then my hair was still too long. Then there was the issue of how I chose to wear (or not to wear) my hat. So, over the course of time, we developed an understanding that we just wouldn't talk to each other unless completely necessary, and I was cool with this for a while. But now I'm thinking that maybe he's such a bitter, unhappy man in his own life that he feels the need to distribute his gloom to those around him in the work place. So I have decided that it is my duty to bring a little happiness into his life. As of two weeks ago, I have decided I will not fail to miss an opportunity to smile, wave, and/or exchange pleasantries with Fernando Adams. By swallowing our pride and mustering some courage, even our most unlovable enemies can be shown a little love. Some of you may be thinking, "You're just doing this to suck up," but you'd be wrong. If Adams continues to make my time at work difficult, so be it. As my friend Jim once said, "Fuck results! Love isn't about results." That's all I have to say about that.
So, in other news, I have a new truck. Yep, I got rid of my blue Mazda sedan that has been so faithful to me for the past 4 years. My friend Ann was PCSing and desperate to sell her Pajero. The Mazda was starting to act up and the JCI was due in October, where as the Pajero isn't due until April of '06. It's 2-door, gray, has 4-wheel-drive, a ski rack on top, and I know Ann has taken excellent care of it. But the biggest factor is that I want something I can take up in the mountains for snowboarding this winter.
As you can see from my last post, I've found out how to post pictures on my blog. I'll be increasing the frequency of this in the future. Along with the pictures, I'll be randomly including things that tickle my fancy, such as "Link of the Day," or "Album of the Week." I hope you all enjoy my inputs. Also, if there are any questions you have for me or anything you'd like to see posted here, feel free to add a comment or e-mail me directly at currtdawg@mac.com. I look forward to your questions, comments, and critiques.
So, I'm gonna get back to laying around and enjoying my last day of freedom. I was hoping it would be sunny today so I could go lay on the beach, but no such luck. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: