Monday, July 12, 2004

Not Much To Do and Too Busy To Do It

I've been back for about 10 days now, and I feel pretty good, I guess. I've been my usual social butterfly self and I've done my fair share of laying on my couch...all the things I hoped to accomplish upon my return. I've succeeded in running about 3 miles each day, just so I don't get too lazy. Still, something's missing, and I don't know what it is. I've been listening to all my new CDs (i.e. the new Beastie Boys - old school greatness; the new PJ Harvey - spectacular; Franz Ferdinand - groovy; Modest Mouse - pleasantly unique), catching up on movies (i.e. Kill Bill, Vol 2. - completely different from Vol. 1, but still amazing; Spider Man 2 - deeper than the original; City of God - heart wrenching; Amores Perros - intense), and sporting all my new duds. I think it's deep social interaction. Don has gone to the States for some conferences, so I only got to chill out with him once before he left. I've hung out with Paul and Trish a few times, but I don't think I'll ever be on the same level as them due to their couplehood. I enjoy talking to Jeff and Mike and Jimmy, but I guess I just haven't invested enough in our friendships to earn some real closeness. There are a few things about Brad that are starting to bother me. Nothing major. I just feel he doesn't really have any faith in people. It's kind of sad. I wonder how things will go if he goes to Fuji with us. Oh, yeah, Fuji. I missed last year, so I'm extra excited about this year. There's going to be tons of free time, and I love Tokyo. I can't wait.
In other news, I'm going to buy Ann Williams's truck. My car is getting pretty old and decrepit, and I'm really wanting something I can take up to the mountains this winter for snowboarding purposes. It will be nice to have something different to drive around.
Anyway, my vacation time is quickly slipping away, and even though I haven't really done much, I feel like I've been really busy. I guess I'm just going to try and enjoy my last week of freedom. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: