Friday, September 19, 2003

Today's word of the day at dictionary.com was:
malaise \muh-LAYZ; -LEZ\, noun:
1. A vague feeling of discomfort in the body, as at the onset of illness.
2. A general feeling of depression or unease.
How appropriate. I have this weird feeling that something bad is about to happen. Not something tragic, like the death of a friend or family member or anything. Just some kind of happening that will inevitably push me deeper down into this funk I'm in. I don't think it's the exercise, because I kind of know what to expect from that. I probably won't know what it is until it's over. I feel unproductive at work. I feel lazy at home. The worst is that my relationship with God seems almost nonexistent. Also, I miss my friend Ben. We were so close before I got deployed. Now I'm back, and he leaves in February, but we've hardly hung out at all. I'm looking forward to the winter. There's something about the snow and the cold that makes people want to be together and get warm. I want to spend all winter either snowboarding or cooking food for people at my house laying around under blankets watching movies. I usually try to end on a positive note, so I guess the anticipation of winter is as positive as I'm going to get right now. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: