Thursday, September 18, 2003

I'm so down, all of the sudden. Like, seriously, down. I've even considered going to see a Chaplain or something. I didn't realize it until this morning, but I think it's been building up for a while. What's made it obvious to me, I guess, was a few recent events coupled with some realizations of some things I shouldn't have done. The events are things over which I have no control, so I really shouldn't be upset about them. I think I feel betrayed or let down, which is stupid. I should know by now that I can't always rely on people to do what is right. The things I shouldn't have done are not really decisions I made regarding certain choices. They are things I am feeling and I'm having some major difficulty controlling my emotions, for some reason. Why am I so drawn to the wrong people? Why do we desire what we know we can't have?
So, in other news, the SCUBA class is going really well. I'm having a lot of fun, but it's leaving me totally exhausted. We have a few more exercises in the pool tonight, our final exam tomorrow night, then open water dives on Saturday and Sunday. Then, I'll be certified for life! Also, on Saturday night is the Air Force Ball. I normally avoid stupid things like this, but this year, my friend Melissa and I were talking about it, and decided to go together as friends. Then our friend Ann asked if she could tag along. Despite having to put up with the whole formal military crap part of the night, I think it will be lots of fun, considering who my dates will be. Plus, after the dinner/program, we can change into civilian clothes for the dance. Good times!
Okay, I'm totally writing this at work, so I'm gonna get outta here. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: