Monday, August 30, 2010

My Own Backyard


IMG_0028
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
On Sunday, Mike and I decided to take a random hike on some trails between Budoia and Polcenigo. I can't believe I've lived here for over two years, and haven't trekked down these paths that are less than a mile from my house. It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon, and the hike put us both in a great mood. I took a few pictures, all with my new iPhone, and they turned out surprisingly well.


IMG_0030
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
We took different trails going and coming, and somehow ended up in Santa Lucia, which isn't too far off, but it's definitely not where we thought we'd end up. Regardless, as we were walking back to my house, we passed a house that had tons of foliage in its front yard. The Italians are really big into horticulture, and it shows. This flower, in particular, stood out, resembling something out of a Dr. Seuss book. We stared at it forever, wondering what it was. The mystery was solved last night when Mike called me at 11:30 (!) to tell me, but I already forgot.

No comments: