Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gangway

My friend Mark flew in Monday night and he's staying with me all week. Even though I've had to work, we've had a good time checking out northern Italy in the evening, feasting on great food and wine. Yesterday, he took a day trip to Verona, and earlier this evening, we went to Alla Fontaniva, a restaurant Cheyenne introduced to me that's quickly becoming one of my favourites.
Tomorrow, Scott M. flies in and they check into their hotel in Venice. Then, Scott P. flies in Sunday morning. Why are so many of my Utah friends coming to Italy? Because on Monday, we board the Celebrity Equinox for an eight-day cruise to Croatia, Turkey, and Greece. We're all very excited, not just about seeing some beautiful countries, but also to have this time to relax and forget about work for a while. It's kind of a late birthday present to myself, and I'm going to indulge to the fullest.

No comments: