Thursday, April 22, 2010

Temporary Bunk-Mate

I got an e-mail Monday morning from a lady in lodging informing me I'd be getting a roommate whenever he arrived on base. I kinda figured I'd be getting a roommate sometime soon; I just wasn't sure when. So I e-mailed Stan, who has access to all the arrivals and departures for our squadron, and asked when this guy was supposed to arrive. Stan said this guy actually got here a week ago, and already lived in another room. So basically, that was a freebee, and it doesn't look like I'll be getting a roommate for another month.
Or so I thought.
Rick had a brief moment of airheadedness this week and lost his ID, which is a pretty big deal. As punishment, he had to move out of his room and into a tent for a week. The tents have about fifty bunk beds crammed into them and they're not really pleasant at all. So, I figured since it will be a while before I have a permanent roommate, I'd give Rick a break and let him stay in my room. (Shhhh! Don't tell anyone!)
It's only until Tuesday when Rick can move back into his own room, and it's kinda nice to have someone to talk to. Yeah, it's a little more cramped than normal, but it's worth it.

No comments: