Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Huddling Up

There will be some big changes going on in the this week. Well, only two changes, I guess, but both are major changes. The first is that some contractors are taking over our compound. We have to give up our meeting area/break room, and I'll no longer have my own office. (Single tear down my cheek.) I moved my stuff out of my office yesterday and into a giant office I'll share with the bosses and the other team leads. Our shop, along with the other three shops, will be relocated to a couple trailers on the back side of the compound. And all the tools and materials we use will be stored on the other side of the base in a shelter to which only we have access. It's gonna be interesting, having to give up all our space and work even closer with each other, but I'm sure we'll make it work somehow.
The second change affects me even more drastically. It seems the powers that be have decided to give certain people in my area of the base a roommate, and I'm one of them. I'm obviously not thrilled at the idea of losing half my space, but I really shouldn't complain. The guys on the other half of the base all share rooms smaller and less nice than mine. Plus, I only have about three months left here. I'm not sure who he is or when he'll be moving in, but I'm going to make the best of it. Who knows? Maybe I'll have a new lifelong friend by the time I leave.

No comments: