Friday, January 06, 2006

Jet City Boy


Roxy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I spent this week in Seattle visiting Paul, Trish, and Roxy. Here's the chronic-what?-cles of what we did.
I arrived Sunday a few hours before the Dinki, who were on their way back from St. Louis. Sunday night, we were all pretty tired from traveling, so once we got back to their place, we pretty much crashed.


Paul & Trish
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Monday, we got up and drove two hours north to Vancouver. None of us had ever been to Canada before. Here we are crossing the border.


Me, Paul, & Roxy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Vancouver was pretty cool. We basically just walked around the city and shopped all afternoon.


Paul & Roxy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Trish had to go back to work on Tuesday, so I got to spend lots of quality time with Paul and Roxy. We took the bus downtown to meet Trish for lunch.


Trish's Building
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Trish works on the 35th floor of this huge building in downtown Seattle. It's a beautiful building and she has a great view. When we were walking through, I felt so business-like and metropolitan.


Trish at Work
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This is Trish at work. Doesn't she look like little miss business executive?

Tuesday night, we went to this great vegetarian restaurant, and then to Whole Foods. Now, I know Whole Foods may not sound like it would have been much fun, but I've never been to one before, and I thought it was pretty cool.

Space Needle
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Wednesday, after lunch with Trish at the Cheesecake Factory, Paul, Roxy, and I walked down to the Space Needle. I know everyone has seen a million pictures of the Space Needle, but I figured I should put one on here anyway. You know, just to prove that I was actually there.


Experience Music Project
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
We also went to the Experience Music Project, which is basically a big rock 'n roll museum. It was kinda expensive, but the projects they had (including a Jimi Hendrix exhibit, a Bob Dylan exhibit, and a hip-hop exhibit) were pretty cool. My favourite part was the exhibit detailing music in the pacific northwest. I was particularly interested in the grunge and riot grrrl details.

Wednesday night, we went to a place called Taco Del Mar, which had great burritos, with Steven and Meredith, some of Paul's college buddies. It was great to meet them, especially since Paul and Trish seem to think that Meredith and Abby are somehow cosmic twins or something.

Trish, Roxy, & Paul
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Unfortunately, I had to leave on Thursday, so Paul, Roxy, and I went downtown for our final power lunch with Trish.


Me & Roxy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
It was such a great visit. I really like Seattle, and words can't express how great it was to see Paul and Trish after almost a year. Also, this was the first time I've ever gotten to see little Roxy. Everyone always says their baby is the cutest ever, but Paul and Trish can say it with confidence. Every place we went, people were telling them that she should be a model. She was very active and always smiling. I wish I could be around more to experience her growth.

And a gigantic "THANK YOU!" to the Dinki for letting me crash at their pad. The military can be difficult in that relationships created are so often broken due to moving around so much, but I'm so fortunate to have forged such a wonderful bond with them in Japan. You guys are the best!

2 comments:

Therese said...

Hi!
Nice blog. I really don´t know what to write, I just wanted to say hello. =)
Bye!
/Therese from Sweden

David McLaughlin said...

Hey, cool! I get to see pictures of the Dinkins's