Sunday, April 25, 2004

So my routine pretty much went to shit. Starting last Monday, all of CE has gone into 12 hour shifts with no days off. Apparently, some big projects came down and nobody's going to stop until they're done, by golly. Luckily, I'm still working at the water plant, but now it's from 7 AM to 7 PM. My reading time has been cut considerably, and playing for praise and worship at the Chapel is just not going to happen. But you know what? I'm somehow not really bothered by it all. My circumstances are different, but my attitude is the same. And I figure they can do whatever they want to me while I'm here, just as long as I'm home on time.
Some other interesting developments: we've had some crazy weather the past few days. It started last Thursday with a big dust storm. That was pretty nasty, but we had no idea what was in store for us. Friday evening, we had what would basically equal a hurricane. Tents were flying everywhere. Hail was falling. I spent most of the evening tying down tent flaps. But yesterday was the total mac-daddy of insane weather. Sometime around 5 PM, we had some evil looking clouds coming in from both directions. I went back into the water plant when it started raining. I was going about my business when I looked into the back section, and noticed that the entire tent was off the ground. I started shutting down the ROWPUs, and then stuff started flying all over the place. I was dodging flying hammers and stuff when Max and I decided it would be best to take shelter in the bunker. Anyway, after everything passed, the tent had shifted about 6 feet, and there was word another storm was on the way. So we got pretty much the entire CE squadron out there to help us recover. The next storm didn't do as much damage to the water plant, but the electricians had a hell of a time.
Anyway, that's my story for this week. Stay tuned next week when you'll hear SSgt Johnson exclaim "Auntie Em! Auntie Em! It's a twister! It's a twister!" Until then, take care. No worries. God Bless.

P.S. I just want to thank everyone for all the e-mails, care packages, and prayers while I'm over here. It's impossible for me to show enough appreciation.

No comments: