Monday, April 05, 2004

So, here I am in Iraq, and it's pretty cool. Tent city is really nice, but it's rather shocking to see everything else. Everything the military hasn't built is pretty much in shambles. You wouldn't believe the number of Iraqi buildings we've blown up. The country is rather barren. Looking out, it's hard to believe this is in the middle of the fertile crescent.
As far as work is concerned, I'm currently working in the water plant operating the ROWPU (Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Unit). It's a pretty good job to have. It's not hectic, but it keeps me occupied all day long. I go in at 5 AM, and I'm off by 2, so I have my afternoons free to hit the gym.
I went to Chapel last night, and they're in dire need of a pianist, so I told them I'd help them out. Most of the Chapel staff is from Nellis, but I don't think we have any common acquaintances.
Anyway, there's lots more I'd like to write about, but computer time here is very limited, so please forgive me if I slack off on my blog over the next three months. Also, I don't have access to my mac.com e-mail account, but you can e-mail me at curtis.sutton@tlab.aorcentaf.af.mil. My mailing address is
Curtis Sutton
407 AEG / ECES
APO, AE 09358
I hope all is going well with everyone. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: