Saturday, January 09, 2010

Boiling Over

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but there really hasn't been much to write about. I wake up each morning at 4, run, go to work, come home, shower, then read until I drift off to sleep. The key to deployments is getting into a routine and sticking with it.
At first, I thought my job here was gonna be challenging and fun. But lately, I worry the fun is going to get sucked out of it. The commander said our project is the top priority in the squadron, which means he'll be putting a lot of pressure on my boss to put a lot of pressure on us. If there's anything I hate, it's micro-managing. It makes me feel like they don't have enough faith in me to do my job, which is frustrating when things are moving along really well. On top of that, there are now two people sitting in the superintendent's office, so I have two people looking over my shoulder all the time. I'm just doing my best to keep my crew happy, make the right decisions, and maintain a low stress level.
Also, I've been taking a few pictures at the job sites, and I promise to post them once I get a few. Patience, please.

No comments: