Monday, January 22, 2007

Check Your Head


Snowbasin
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
The first time I drove down to SLC after I got home, I merged onto the freeway, and then drew a blank. I couldn't remember how to set the cruise control on my truck. I guess that's what four months of not exceeding 25 mph will do to you.
But you know what I didn't forget how to do?
Snowboard!
I headed up to Snowbasin this morning by myself, just to get reacquainted with my favourite winter-time recreational activity. The snow isn't as good as it was last season, but I didn't care. It felt good to be on the slopes again. I was already sore by the time I finished my fifth run, but I kept on until around 2 PM. I'll be sore tomorrow, but should be ready to head up there again by Tuesday. I have the next two weeks off work, and my board is definitely going to get a workout.

By the way, you may have noticed there are some things different on here. I'm going to be making a few aesthetic changes over the next few days. After neglecting it for four months, I'm feeling a little guilty and trying to make this weblog the best it can possibly be. Your patience while it's under construction is appreciated.

No comments: