Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I Think I'd Be Good For You

Hmmm, where do I start? Okay, so, Saturday night, we had our first official Group Bible Study at the newly re-opened Hospitality House. Our first Bible study was actually a DVD of this guy explaining his theory on creation. In a nutshell, he believes the Earth is about 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs and man lived on the Earth at the same time. (There's tons of other info, too, but those were the two statements that seem most unbelievable.) While he put forth some convincing evidence, I don't think I agree with everything he said. If you want to check it out, you can go to his website at http://drdino.com.
The weather in Misawa is crappy today. Rainy and chilly and just plain crappy. It's supposed to be crappy for another week. It makes me want to curl up on my couch and read.
This morning, I had a big interview with the Mental Health Clinic (which the Air Force, in all its political correctness, refers to as "Life Skills"). It's part of all the stuff I have to do for my cross train, and Mental Health is one of my choices, so it's probably a good thing they interviewed me. I mean, I wouldn't want some crazy person offering advice to another crazy person, right? Anyway, part of my interview was a 567 (that's right --567!) question personality test. It was rather interesting, to say the least. It kept asking me if I like to hurt animals and if I love my Mom. Weird. I finished the interview at 10:30 and decided to come home and take an extra long lunch. And yes, I'm enjoying it thoroughly.
Oh, I changed the title of my blog to just "the wax." I think it sounds cooler and there's probably something to be said for brevity...somewhere. Let me know what you think.
Here are a few websites to which I've been addicted recently:
http://theplug.net
http://dooce.com
http://www.fark.com
Anyway, I guess I'm going to brush my teeth and get back to work. I'm underneath a blanket on my couch, and it's so warm and cozy. I need some new candles in my living room. I miss Don. And Brad. And Melissa. I'm typing my stream of consciousness in order to delay going back to work. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: