Monday, September 20, 2004

...back to the Good Life

Album of the Week:
"Pinkerton" by Weezer.
About two weeks ago, I put this album in my truck's CD player, and I haven't taken it out since. I've had the album for years, but I've never devoted this much time to it. I've deduced that it's basically about Rivers Cuomo's obsession with Japanese girls. Even the album artwork is Japanese. I don't know if that has anything to do with why I'm listening to it all of the sudden. Probably not. Regardless, it's got some great driving guitar and catchy So-Cal poppy tunes. It's defintely a relationship album, and Rivers seems to be wounded, but hopeful. I sing along with it in my car, and it's just out of my range, so I have to sing really loud and my voice cracks a little, but that kinda makes it fun.

No comments: