Thursday, March 11, 2004

Things are going well...a little too well, maybe. All the drama and pain that I had been going through for the past few months is pretty much over, and now I just seem to be happily floating along. But in the back of my mind, I feel cautious, like something could happen at any time. I guess, in a way, I kind of miss that pain. (Does that make me a drama queen?) It occupied so much of my time and thoughts for so long, and now that it's not there, I have little else about which to think.
I found out yesterday that my departure date has been pushed back a week, so now, instead of the 19th, we're leaving on the 26th. I don't really care either way. I mean, I want to go, and get out of Misawa, and just start working. However, it will be nice to hang out here for another week, too. There will be a few of my friends PCSing while I'm gone, and any extra time I get to spend with them is appreciated. Also, the group deploying will be getting split up as we're going through the States, and we still don't know if we'll be staying over in Baltimore or Atlanta. I'm hoping for two things: 1) that I don't get separated from Brad, and 2) that I go through Baltimore. Brad and I have plans to see lots of movies while we're in the States, and both Dan and Ben live close to Baltimore. I don't really know anyone in Atlanta. But, regardless of where I go and who I'm with, I'm sure I'll be able to make my own fun during those few days in the States.
Anyway, work is really slow this week. I've been taking care of a few minor out-processing needs. I don't expect it to pick up before we leave. I'm just gonna go with the flow. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: