Wednesday, March 24, 2004

I think we have a definite line between our private and our public lives. And not just what we do, but there's a difference in personality, as well. I've always thought I could tell how good a friend was by how much I told him and how much of my private personality I let him see. But now, that seems so fake to me. Why can't I just let everyone know all of me? I'm going to start breaking down that wall between public and private. I've told people before that my life is an open book, and now, I'm going to start following through with it.
Brad and I just got back from the onsen at Komaki's. After we onsened, we got foot massages, and it was great. We were reluctant to put our shoes back on because our feet were all tingling and stuff.
I'm starting to get those last minute jitters about deploying. And again, it's not really about the deployment itself. It's more about the trip over there and all the crap we're going to have to endure with carrying weapons and airport security and hauling bags to and from hotels. Ugh. I get exhausted just thinking about it. I just wish we were already in country and I had all my stuff in my tent and I was working. I'm still in the midst of packing. I was going to list all the books I'm taking with me on here, but they're all upstairs, and I'm down here on my couch getting ready to go to sleep, so I'll just have to list them some other time. Today was totally crazy with appointments and tying up loose ends at work and stuff. Tomorrow is going to be just as bad; however, I'm going to force myself to find time to go to Hachinohe and watch a movie. It's called "Dogville" and it was directed by Lars von Trier, and I'm really looking forward to watching it. After that, though, I'm going to be running around like a headless chicken, which is a rather disgusting metaphor. How about, running around like one of those little wind-up toys that keeps going until it runs into a wall and then turns around and goes the other way until it hits another wall, etc.? Maybe not as chaotic, but definitely more tame.
And one final thought: liberation in mind is a good thing. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: