Monday, January 12, 2004

Yeah, so I'm really sick. Actually, I was sick. I'm feeling a little better now. I started hurling yesterday afternoon, so I went to the doc this morning, and they sent me home for a day. I just slept all afternoon, then decided to watch a movie. "Wonder Boys." Good flick. I feel like I can identify with Michael Douglas's character. He has all these problems and situations that seem to keep building up throughout the film, and he doesn't really deal with any of them directly. In fact, it kinda seems like he just ignores them and hopes they'll go away. Like he can't really accept responsibility for the decisions he makes. I'm the same way. I have issues and problems and responsibilities, and I never want to deal with them. It probably comes from being so spoiled when I was younger. I've never really had to make a lot of decisions on my own. It was just expected that I go to college as soon as I finish high school. It was just expected that I be a music major. It seems everything I've done, I've done just because people expect me to. I'm not even sure I know what I want to do or should do. One day, I'm really going to back myself into a corner, and there's not going to be anyone around to help me out, and then I'll really be fucked.
So, anyway, I think I'm going to watch another movie. "The Royal Tannenbaums," maybe. Or possibly "Dr. Strangelove." I haven't decided yet. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: