Thursday, June 12, 2003

I've been way sick the past couple days. Like, nasty projectile vomiting kinda sick. I was on quarters Tuesday and Wednesday, but today I was back at work, a little queasy and a little weak, but feeling much better. Due to some kind of support group down day, I'm off tomorrow, and again on Sunday. Days off are great and all, but it starts to get old when there's nothing really to do. It's so hot, I end up sitting in my tent all day reading and playing my stupid game boy.

I'm anxious to get back to Misawa for several reasons. Reason number one is of the spiritual nature. My walk has been kind of a roller coaster lately. It will be nice to get back into the swing of things with the Chapel and the Hospitality House. It should smooth things out in a big way. Reason number two is my friends. It will be almost eight months since I've seen them by the time I get back. So many people have PCS'd, which means there are lots of new people I'm going to have to get to know. I'm going to get off the plane and hug and hug and hug. Other reasons, in no particular order, are getting into a normal routine at work, having dinner guests and movie nights, ONSENS(!), camping and road trips, and hitting the beach.

I've decided to try and crosstrain into a new career field. I think I've pretty much exhausted myself in the "utilities" (aka plumbing) area and I'm on the lookout for something new. I don't have retainability to get another assignment, so I'm going to try and use this as an ultimatum for the Air Force to let me do something I really want to do. I'm not really sure what, but I have it narrowed down to a moderately short list which includes signals intelligence, graphic design, paralegal, computer programming, and a few things in the medical group. I can't apply until July, and I'm sure I'm going to get the runaround, but this is something I realize I'm going to have to work pretty hard for. I'll be sure and keep everyone posted.

Okay, I have several e-mails to write, so I'm gonna get outtee. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: