Friday, June 20, 2003

I'm reading this book called "Your God Is Too Small" by J.B. Phillips. The first half is about how people have different ideas of what God is, and how these conceptions of God limit their relationships with Him. Then, the second half is about reversing these notions to help us develop a realization of what God really is. Highly recommended.

Things are kind of starting to wrap up here at Al Udeid. I've been shipping back to Japan boxes of stuff I've accumulated over the past 7 months. I've booked my plane tickets for my leave en route. My room is clean. Only 13 more days left, and I'm just going to ride out the time.

I'm amazes me how people can have such horrible attitudes. True, we've been in the desert for almost 7 months, but it could be so much worse. We don't have to wear all our gear around, or even carry it. We have good food to eat. And best of all, we have plane tickets to leave on July 2nd. I know I keep bringing that up, but, uh, yeah, I'm excited.

Okay, it's really late, and even though I have tomorrow off, my eyelids are getting kind of heavy. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: