Monday, February 06, 2012

Bright Lights, Big City

Milano Duomo by currtdawg
Milano Duomo, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

This weekend, I went to Milano with Eric and a bunch of his friends to celebrate his birthday. I've been to Milano several times, and always enjoy myself. It's very different from other cities in Italy, modern and industrial. Still, it has its charms, one of which is bundling up in the cold and walking the streets like I belong there.


Milano Centrale by currtdawg
Milano Centrale, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

The birthday celebration consisted mainly of shopping (Milano is the fashion capitol of the world), eating, and drinking. It wasn't anything super flashy or crazy, but it was definitely fun. The next morning, I woke up to take the early train back home. As I was walking from my hotel to the train station, the city was quiet and motionless, and a light snow was gently falling. It was so beautiful, and I wanted to stop and have a seat on a bench, just to appreciate the stillness.

No comments: