Friday, April 08, 2011

Potent Potables

IMG_0709 by currtdawg
IMG_0709, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

Back in January, I went with Fred (one of our Italians) to Ghedi, a small base in central-north Italy. Their chow hall didn't have potable water, so it was my job to design a system to improve their water quality. All the parts came in while I was in Germany, so yesterday, Fred, Travis, and I went back to Ghedi to install it. I was kinda nervous about everything working out, since sometimes jobs don't always go as planned, but somehow, all the filters went it as planned. Thanks so much to Fred and Travis for all their help and expertise.


IMG_0719 by currtdawg
IMG_0719, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

We stayed overnight at a hotel on Lake Garda, which is a beautiful area. After we finished the job, we checked in at our hotel, showered, and then Travis and I walked around the town.


IMG_0717 by currtdawg
IMG_0717, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

I went crazy with the Hipstamatic yet again.


IMG_0711 by currtdawg
IMG_0711, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.


IMG_0729 by currtdawg
IMG_0729, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

Walking around this little Italian town somehow ended up at an Irish pub with bartenders from Brazil. The rest of the night was a little fuzzy. Needless to say, Travis and I didn't make much noise on the ride back to Aviano this morning.

No comments: