Saturday, September 02, 2006

My Autumn Reading List

"Lunar Park" by Bret Easton Ellis - Mr. Ellis is genius.
"Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk - Should be creepy, but in a fun way.
"A Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole
"One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
"A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey - Just to find out what all the hype is about.
"Electroboy" by Andy Behrman - Jay recommended this one.
"In Cold Blodd" by Truman Capote - Capote was pretty good, so I'd kinda like to get the back story.
"Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser - I've read several excerpts from this one, so I'd like to get the whole story.
"Finnegans Wake" by James Joyce - Don recommended this one.
"Brokeback Mountain" by Annie Proulx - It's only 55 pages.
And, of course, Air Force Pamphlet 36-2241, aka The PFE - I'm going to be testing for Tech (again) a couple months after I return. I'd better be ready.

It's ambitious, I know, but I have a strange feeling I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands in the desert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haunted is GOOD. A little creepy and really weird but good.