Monday, September 04, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

My bags are packed and I'll be heading out the door in a few minutes, but I wanted to post once more before I leave home. Thanks to everyone who came out last night for the final going away dinner/drunk-fest. It was spectacular. I took so many pictures, and rest assured, I'll post them as soon as I can.
I can handle the heat, the long hours, occasional mortar attacks, and all other chaos that comes with deploying. But by far, the worst part is saying goodbye to everyone. Believe me, the next four months are going to fly by, and before you know it, it will be mid-January, and I'll be back in Utah ready to have some fun. By that time, just looking at a bottle of Makers Mark is going to make me a little light-headed. I can't wait.
See you soon.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love and will miss you. Be safe. See you in January.