Saturday, May 24, 2003

Mike Tenhaaf and I are both off tomorrow, so, as is the tradition for the past five months, tonight is "Fun Night." That's where we stay up late and maybe get pizza (if the base Pizza Hut isn't closed) and watch a movie or an episode or two of "The Simpsons" and write e-mails and do some online shopping and whatever else we feel like. There were formerly two other participants in Fun Night, namely Adam Watson and Jonathan Reynolds. However, they have both been chosen to make an early return to Misawa. But I'm not bitter. I'm happy for them. But, I digress.

Anyway, tonight, Mikey and I watched an old Ewan McGregor movie called "Shallow Grave." It's a pretty good movie about three roommates who get a fourth roommate. The fourth guy dies of an overdose in his room leaving behind a suitcase full of money. Needless to say, greed and murder all come into play. What I didn't like about the movie is that you kind of root for these people who are stealing and killing. "Ocean's 11" was the same way. The protagonists were a bunch of thieves. I guess that's why I like "Fargo" so much. It's got everything: drama, love, intrigue, dark humour, good versus evil, and a great moral at the end.

So here's a little more about the whole vegetarian decision: I don't think eating meat is bad. This is just something I need to do to help find balance in my life. I can answer any questions for any question-havers.

Here's some things I like about my friend Mike: 1) the Dutch way he spells his name (Michiel Tenhaaf); 2) he makes me laugh, especially when he says "I'll allow it" in a Judge-Mills-Lane-mocking way; 3) he likes the movies I pick out; 4) we're both Mama's boys; 5) I've got him addicted to online shopping, and he has pretty good fashion sense, too. I could write more, but it's getting pretty late.

No worries. God Bless.

No comments: