Wednesday, January 04, 2012

City of Lights

Eiffel Tower by currtdawg
Eiffel Tower, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

I'd been debating for the past couple months whether to do anything special for New Year's. I considered just laying around some more, but figured I'd regret it if I did. I had some friends from Germany going to Paris, and at last minute, decided to join them. I'm so glad I did.


Arc de Triomphe by currtdawg
Arc de Triomphe, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

This was my first time in Paris, and I'd mentally prepared myself for a dirty city that was difficult to navigate and full of rude natives. But you know what? It was the total opposite.


Eiffel Tower by currtdawg
Eiffel Tower, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

We had a crew of about twenty people, which hindered our ability to see everything everyone wanted to see. It didn't really bother me, though. I was just thrilled to be walking around such an amazing place. Plus, going back is so easy. I can't believe I'd never been before.
Particularly magnificent was the Eiffel Tower. It's something I've seen so often in pictures, but laying eyes on it for the first time was absolutely breathtaking. We spent New Year's Eve there, but I could have stayed forever, just staring at it. No wonder it's become such a symbol of France.


Paris by currtdawg
Paris, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

I didn't make it to the Louvre, Notre Dame, the catacombs, or countless other staples of the Parisian tourist, but again, I'm not worried. I will make it back there soon.
Also, due to popular demand, I made another video. You can check it out here. Hope you enjoy it. Merci!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ciao, scusa lo spam ma ho aperto un nuovo blog di cinema un pò particolare.. passa se sei appassionato ma sopratutto se ti va:
lifefunctionsterminated.blogspot.com

A presto!