Friday, February 11, 2011

Like Pulling Teeth

It's been nearly three weeks since I put in my paperwork to extend in Italy, and I've been going over to the personnel office about twice a week to check for updates on my status. The people over there keep telling me they haven't heard anything, and that when they do, they'll let me know. Unfortunately, the people who work in personnel don't have a great track record of keeping up with paperwork, which is why I go over there and bother them so much. And this time was no exception.
When I went over there today, I found out that the guy who had my original paperwork was on leave and didn't give it to anyone else to send to headquarters. So I have to start all over again.
The only funny thing about this was when I was waiting at the front desk, I could hear all the personnel workers in the back arguing over whose fault it was. I just shook my head.

No comments: