Thursday, February 17, 2011

In For The Long Haul


Re-Enlistment
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This morning, I re-enlisted for another four years. I was going to wait until later in the year, but since I'm going to be spending six weeks up in Germany, this was the best way to ensure retainability and give me a better chance at extending in Italy.
The ceremony took place at the top of the water tower on the flightline, and my friend Casey Bustamante did the honour of giving me the oath. I brought my Grandfather's flag, which made it even more special.


Casey & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
It was cold and rainy, but our spirits were high. (High as the water tower, to be exact.) Thanks to Casey for braving the cold and the altitude, and to everyone who came out to watch.

No comments: