Sunday, January 09, 2011

Shaking The Dust Off

My first week back at work was pretty good. It wasn't too difficult getting back into the swing of things, and even though I don't always love my job, I'm very comfortable there. The best part is we have our old boss back and morale seems to have improved due to his presence. Unfortunately, he'll be leaving Aviano in a few months, but I'm sure we'll get by without him.
After a month of being busy and around tons of people non-stop, my weekend has been wonderfully serene and isolated. I had dinner with Eric Friday night, but since then, I've been getting my house in order, hitting the gym, and relaxing. It's been quite nice.
Speaking of hitting the gym, my vacation consisted of laying around and eating everything in sight, so it was a surprise to hop on the scale the other day and find out I only gained six pounds. Still, it's sitting around my mid-section, and it's something I'm going to have to work extra hard to get rid of, especially now that I'm back around all this wonderful Italian cuisine again. Progress will be reported, if there is any.

No comments: