Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Round the Renaissance


Eric
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
For the long weekend, Eric and I decided to head down to Florence. He'd never been, and I love showing people around, plus the forecast called for temperatures in the 60s. We were in.
One of the great things about Italy is no matter how many times I've been to some historic place, whenever I go back, I always find something new, and this time was no different.


Firenze
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
We checked out Michelangelo's David, the Duomo, and ate at Trattoria Nella, possibly my favourite place in all of Italy. We strolled through the markets, had caffe along the Arno, and shopped for wine.


Pitti Palace
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
On Monday morning, we trekked across the river to see I Giardini di Boboli. Unfortunately, the Pitti Palace, home to the Medici dynasty, was closed, but the Boboli Gardens were amazing.


Adam & Eve
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Since it's winter, the foliage wasn't very lush, but there were tons of statues throughout the gardens.


I Giardini di Boboli
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



I Giardini di Boboli
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



I Giardini di Boboli
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Have I mentioned how much I love the Hipstamatic photo app?


Il Bacchino
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This is called Il Bacchino, which apparently means "fat, naked guy riding a turtle."


Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
But probably the best part of our trip was when we were walking by the Duomo and that angel high-fived me.

No comments: