Saturday, February 27, 2010

High On Fumes

We've been putting on the finishing touches of our first two buildings, and I have to say, they look pretty good. We've all worked so hard, staying late and giving up days off. It's a far cry from where we started. The whole team seems so relieved we've reached this milestone, and the tension that ran so rampant a few days ago is all but gone. We're having a celebratory cook-out on Monday and the official ribbon-cutting is Tuesday. We'll have a week or so to take it easy before diving in to the next two buildings, which, God willing, should go much smoother.
In other news, I've had a bit of trouble sleeping since I got here. I fall asleep when I go to bed, but all through the night, I wake up every couple hours. I've been told the doctors here hand out Ambien very liberally, but I'd rather not resort to that. To help, I bought a feather mattress pad to make my bed seem a little more like the one at home; and last night, I only woke up twice. We'll see how it goes.
I'm off tomorrow, so Rick, Paco, Aaron, and I will be heading downtown. We'll be hitting basically the same destinations as last time, so it should be a similar trip, except for the guys going with me. And I expect it to be just as much fun.

No comments: