Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dust In My Eyes

I got to use a jackhammer today for the first time since 1999, and it was every bit as much fun as I remember. Not easy, but fun.
In the lead up to our March 1st deadline, things have gotten pretty hectic at work. I didn't get my normal day off today, as we still have quite a bit to finish. I've been doing a lot of manual labour in the sun, and have the farmer's tan to show for it. And the dust is insane, especially when we spend a good amount of time shoveling sand each day.
But even though I'm fatigued, dirty, and still getting over a cold I had earlier this week, I'm in suprisingly good spirits. The finished product is starting to come together, and I'm getting that wonderful feeling of accomplishment that comes with my job when I know I've done it right.

No comments: