Sunday, December 25, 2011

Let Your Heart Be Light

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I was talking to my parents online, and, as they do every Thanksgiving, they asked me for a Christmas list. I told them I’d work on something to e-mail them, and that they needed to do the same for me. But later that week, I thought how ridiculous it was for us to exchange gifts when I’m not even home for Christmas this year. I understand the whole point of gift giving, but shopping online and having the merchant send the package takes so much joy out of the process. The rest of it is taken out by not getting to see them open it on Christmas morning. So, the next time we talked, I suggested we just forego the whole ordeal. Mom, however, insisted on sending cookies. I didn’t argue.
Anyway, today, I don’t really have much going on. I’ve been invited several places for food and games, but honestly, I’d rather just hang out, lay on my couch, watch movies, and eat the aforementioned cookies. All. Day. Long. This year, it’s just another day.

No comments: